On June 23, California gubernatorial candidate John Chiang and current state treasurer brought his campaign to Fullerton College for a round table discussion.
President Greg Schulz along with several other North Orange County leaders joined Chiang in Chiang’s first campaign stop at a college campus to hear concerns from local communities regarding the state of education in California.
As of June 22, Chiang is one of four democrats who have declared their intention to run for governor of California. Others democrats include Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom, former Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and former State Superintendent of Public Instruction Delaine Eastin. Republican candidates include Attorney and CPA John Cox and Assemblyman Travis Allen, according to a Los Angeles Times article.
In addition to Dr. Schulz, guests on June 23 included:
- NOCCCD Vice President Jacqueline Rodarte
- NOCCCD Trustee Stephen Blount
- Assemblymember Sharon Quirk-Silva, 65th District
- Associated Student President Taylor Gaetje
- NOCCCD Student Trustee Andrew Washington
- Anaheim City Councilmember Jose Moreno
- Rancho Santiago Community College District Trustee Zeke Hernandez
View photos from the event on Fullerton College’s Facebook page here.