Convocation Kicks Off the Fall on Aug. 25
The campus comes back to life for the fall semester starting Aug. 25 for the annual Fall Convocation. The day begins with breakfast at 8 a.m. in the Campus Dining Room and the Convocation program begins at 9 a.m. in the Campus Theatre.
The theme “Community Lives Here” will be woven throughout the program and a focus will be given on the college’s upcoming accreditation site visit. President Greg Schulz will deliver a state-of-the-college as well as welcome a number of speakers. Additional speakers will include:
- Dr. Cheryl Marshall, NOCCCD Chancellor
- Molly McClanahan, president of the NOCCCD Board of Trustees
- Dr. Josh Ashenmiller, president of the Faculty Senate
- Marwin Luminarias, president of the Classified Senate
- Jeanne Costello, coordinator of Staff Development
- Dr. Gilbert Contreras, vice president of student services, who will present the North Star Award to Rolando Sanabria
- Assemblywoman Sharon Quirk-Silva, 65th California Assembly District, who will recognize the Chris Lamm & Toni DuBois-Walker Memorial Food Bank
- Danielle Fouquette, Co-Chair of the Fullerton College Accreditation Steering Committee
Questions? Contact Director of Campus Communications Lisa McPheron at email@example.com.