Many Ways to Give this Holiday Season
As we enter into the season of giving, many departments and programs on campus are collecting items, donations, and hosting drives to support students and members of our community. Here’s a list of how you can help:
- Veterans Resource Center Care Drive – The Veterans Resource Center is calling on the Fullerton College campus and community to donate items for troops deployed overseas. Personal items, non-perishable foods, entertainment, clothing, and miscellaneous items may be dropped off at the VRC in Building 500, Room 518 through November 16.
- Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive – The Fullerton College Ethnic Studies Department, M.E.C.H.A, and other student clubs have placed empty boxes around campus for the annual Thanksgiving Food Drive. Boxes will be available until Nov. 16 for donations of canned goods and non-perishable food items. Grocery store gift cards, and monetary donations can be made by contacting Ethnic Studies Department chair Amber Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Items collected will be used to support Fullerton College families at Thanksgiving and the Fullerton College Food Bank in partnership with the Chris Lamm & Toni DuBois Memorial Food Bank.
- Adopt an Angel Holiday Program – The planning has begun for the annual Fullerton College EOPS/CARE & CalWORKs & FYSI “Adopt an Angel” holiday event. Beginning Nov. 5 the CARE/FYSI Office in Room 2002 will have adoption forms and ornaments with children to adopt this holiday season. The event supports parents and children in the program. For more information contact Yolanda Aguirre at ext. 27255 or Dolores Cornejo at ext. 25382.
- Volunteer – Donate food or resources to the Chris Lamm & Toni DuBois Memorial Food Bank. For canned/dry good donations you may bring them to the Food Bank on Tuesday from 12pm – 2pm or 4pm -6pm in room 1955. You can also drop off donations to the Associated Students Office in the 200 building or Health Services in 1204 between 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday. If interested in volunteering for the Food Bank please email email@example.com for more information.
- Sociology Club No Shave November Collection – The Sociology Club will be hosting a collection of packages of disposable razors to be distributed by Pathways of Hope to in-need members of the local community. A drop off box is located in office suite 1423 in Building 1400 or you may send packages to Angie Andrus. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fashion Club Collection to Help the Homeless – The Fashion Club is collecting gently used blankets, clothing and shoes to help the homeless, November 1-16. All collections will be donated to the Orange County Rescue Mission. Donations may be dropped off in Building 700, Room 735.